Diversity Development helps to enhance university-wide diversity and inclusion efforts that contribute to the core mission of Virginia Tech.
Created at the recommendation of the Task Force on Race and the Institution, Diversity Development provides a variety of educational experiences for all employees so they can positively influence their working and learning environments.
The Diversity Development program:
- Engages faculty, staff, and administrators in campus-wide diversity and inclusion conversations.
- Helps to develop individual aptitude and knowledge to cultivate an environment of mutual respect and appreciation.
- Provides professional development opportunities to appreciate differing perspectives.
- Shifts the institutional culture to further embrace our differences and similarities and foster a more inclusive campus community.
- Includes full and half day workshops that cover a range of diversity topics and offer strategies for advancing inclusion.
- Offers three certificate levels that prepare participants to be change agents.