The Organizational Development team provides professional resources to help maximize effectiveness, productivity, and employee engagement in the workplace. The Organizational Development team can assist departments and teams seeking support and expertise to more effectively navigate challenges and to make the most of the opportunities before them.
Consulting services are available to support a variety of organizational needs, including:
- Survey Design and Administration: The Organizational Development team can customize and administer organizational assessment surveys on a variety of topics to gather and analyze data important to informing your operation.
- Executive and Leadership Coaching: Services are available to those in management or leadership roles to enhance their effectiveness in their current role, or devise development strategies for future roles.
- Strategic Planning: Services are available to educate on the process and approaches to strategic planning, or to facilitate a group through the development of their strategic plan.
- Advancing Organizational Climate: The Organizational Development team supports and facilitates a variety of approaches that allow departments to gather input, craft recommendations, and implement strategies to improve their organizational climate.
- Leading and Navigating Change: The Organizational Development team can assist an organization or leadership team in planning for change or managing transitions, as well as educate groups on navigating change.
- Team Effectiveness: A variety of options exist for improving people's understanding of team structure, roles and effectiveness. The Organizational Development team can support teams in improving work relationships, overall team functioning, and team building.
- Meeting Facilitation: Facilitation services are available for large or small group meetings - where it may be beneficial to have an objective professional guide a group through their agenda, ensure active participation, and work through challenging topics. The Organizational Development team can also provide workshops on effective meeting facilitation.
- Focus Group Facilitation: Focus group facilitation is a valuable method for gathering collaborative input from a group of customers, users, or employees.
- Process Improvement: The Organizational Development team can assist in defining and mapping processes, identifying customer needs and expectations, and redesigning processes and procedures for greater organizational efficiency.
- Customized Workshops: The Organizational Development team is able to customize content and delivery of training workshops on a variety of topics for groups who wish to attend training together, or have a specialized need.
Departments or teams who wish to engage the consulting services of University Organizational and Professional Development should meet with a member of the Organizational Development team to discuss the situation and goals.
Not sure what service is needed? That’s okay – that’s why the Organizational Development team is here. The Organizational Development team will discuss the challenges and opportunities that have been identified and recommend a plan to achieve the established goals by utilizing research-based resources and proven consulting services.
This initial consultation is provided at no cost. Though Organizational Development is a fee-for-service operation, as an internal department serving the greater university community, our fees are priced well below market value as compared to external providers offering similar services. In addition, departments and teams benefit from working with professionals who are not only well-versed in the field of Organizational Development and Effectiveness, but familiar with the operation of higher education.
To schedule an initial consultation, contact University Organizational and Professional Development.