This workshop is designed to provide both new and existing supervisors with the core tools, skills, and knowledge necessary to successfully meet the various challenges supervisors encounter. Participants will benefit through gaining a greater understanding of both the supervisory role and the expectations of others while also practicing and developing critical team assessment, communication, and coaching skills.
- Understand the expectations that stakeholders have of those in a supervisory role.
- Learn and practice applying the steps involved in the supervision process.
- Describe the seven principles for supervising in the servant leadership style.
- Define and demonstrate how to apply various management tools and techniques.
To register for this course:
- Go to training.vt.edu.
- Select “View By Alpha”.
- Search for the course title and select.
- Select the date of the class you wish to attend and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, contact Human Resources or call 540-231-5100 during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event. Additional advance notice may be required, depending on the type of program and the time necessary to secure the requested accommodation(s).
Time and Location
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
North End Center
Rich St. Denis
Senior Trainer and Consultant from Atlanta, GA