This active workshop is designed to guide participants through analysis of their current communication practices and to identify opportunities for improved communication between and within departments. Using social capital as a focusing concept, the course highlights the importance of communication for building positive, and productive working relationships.
- Recognize patterns of communication.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of current communication practices.
- Develop new or improved communication strategies with co-workers and in other departments.
To register for this course:
- Go to training.vt.edu.
- Select “View By Alpha”.
- Search for the course title; for professional development courses, look for “PD: [name of course]”.
- Select the date of the class you wish to attend and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, contact Human Resources or call 540-231-5100 during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event. Additional advance notice may be required, depending on the type of program and the time necessary to secure the requested accommodation(s).