Whether enlisted or commissioned; combat or noncombat; and regardless of branch of service, veterans have a culture and rich life experiences that can benefit faculty, staff and students at Virginia Tech. This session will introduce the challenges some veterans face as they transition from military to civilian and student life at Virginia Tech.
- Increase knowledge about veterans, both as a demographic and as a protected class.
- Broaden understanding about the military experience and its lasting impacts on veterans as they transition back to civilian society.
- Provide information on resources available to and policies regarding veterans in the classroom and the workplace.
- Prepare participants to leverage these resources in their engagement with veterans at Virginia Tech.
- Discuss opportunities for further involvement.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, contact University Organizational and Professional Development or call 540-231-5100 during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event. Additional advance notice may be required, depending on the type of program and the time necessary to secure the requested accommodation(s).