Review the following information before reserving space at North End Center.
- Training and conference rooms are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All events must end by 5 p.m as rooms will be locked promptly at 5 p.m.
- The department/organization must abide by the instructions in the rooms.
- No permanent markers are allowed in the rooms. Only dry erase markers may be used.
- Do not hang or stick anything to any surfaces in the rooms.
- The reserving department/organization is responsible for cleaning the room after the event to include, but not limited to, tables and/or credenzas when food and/or drinks are served, trash, whiteboards, or other surfaces as necessary. If the room configuration was changed it must be returned to the original configuration. The reserving department/organization will be invoiced a $35 fee if the room is not cleaned properly and/or returned to the original set-up.
- Any spills on the carpet, chairs, or damage to equipment should be reported to University Organizational and Professional Development immediately.
- Advance deliveries of equipment or supplies are not permitted.
- Departments/organizations who need to cancel a training or conference room should do so at the earliest possible date. Continued offenses may result in the department/organization being denied access to the rooms.
- Any damage to the room will be assessed and an invoice for the cost of repairs will be sent to the reserving departments/organizations. Continued offenses may result in the department/organization being denied access to the rooms.
Before completing the the Training and Conference Room Request Form, ensure that the room being requesting is available by checking the Microsoft Outlook calendar.
Training and conference room names appear in Outlook as follows:
- NEC Conference Room 3600 (3rd floor conference room)
- NEC Conference Room 4380 (4th floor conference room)
- NEC Conference Room 4390 (4th floor conference room)
- NEC Training Room 2200 Reynolds Homestead
- NEC Training Room 2400 Roanoke
- NEC Training Room 2410 Hampton Roads
- NEC Training Room 2420/2430 National Capital Region
- NEC Training Room 2440 Caribbean Studies
- NEC Training Room 2450 Southwest Virginia (Small Computer Classroom)
- NEC Training Room 2460 Richmond (Large Computer Classroom)
- NEC Training Room 2470 European Studies (Video Teleconference Room)
To reserve a room, complete the Training and Conference Room Request Form. Once the form has been completed, click submit at bottom of page and the form will be submitted directly to University Organizational and Professional Development. University Organizational and Professional Development will respond to all requests within one business day.
- Reservations are available Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. All events must end by 5 p.m as rooms will be locked promptly at 5 p.m.
- Rooms will be unlocked and available 30 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting. Advanced notice of a minimum of five days is required if earlier access is needed.
- Do not lock the door following an event.
- If, upon arrival, the requested room is locked contact University Organizational and Professional Development at 540-231-6727 or visit suite 2300 and ask the front desk to notify University Organizational and Professional Development for assistance.
- Food and drinks are allowed in all training and conference rooms. In the technology training rooms (2450 and 2460) only drinks with lids are allowed.
- Reserving department/organization is responsible for arranging catering.
- Reserving department/organization is responsible for setup and cleanup of all food and drinks in the training room. If food and/or drinks are served, all tables and credenzas must be wiped down and disinfected.
Faculty and staff must have a valid Virginia Tech parking permit to park in the North End Center parking garage. Employees with a valid Faculty/Staff permit may enter and exit the garage free of charge with their hangtag or Hokie Passport.
Employees are permitted to park in the designated faculty and staff parking areas on the second level of the garage or above. Vehicles that do not display a valid Faculty/Staff parking permit are subject to being ticketed.
Individuals without a Virginia Tech parking permit must obtain a daily parking pass from the Office of Parking and Transportation prior to arriving at North End Center. The Office of Parking and Transportation is located at 605 Research Center Drive.
Reserve a Room
To reserve a room, complete and submit the Training and Conference Room Request Form. University Organizational and Professional Development will respond to all requests within one business day.